J S I N S

Monday, May 21, 2007

My first sweater...

I finally finished my first sweater!!! It was a top down cardigan that I made for my grandma. I started it in November with plans of having it finished for Christmas. When that didn't happen, I put it aside to finish it in early May. As you can see by the first picture, my grandma was really surprised and couldn't believe that I had made it.

This is my brother John pointing to the sweater. I gave the sweater to my grandma when we were in Ohio for my brother's law school graduation.
Here is the sweater laid out on its own. The color in the pictures in which my grandma is wearing the sweater is much truer to the actual shade of the yarn.

1 comment:

elementalfibers said...

Wow! Congratulations! The sweater looks fabulous, and I'll bet it was really appreciated!
I recently finished my "first" sweater, too. It took me so long that I made 2 other sweaters for me and countless hats, mittens, socks, etc. in the meantime.
It's on my blog at http://www.elementalfibers.com/fiberblog.