J S I N S

Friday, August 17, 2007

She came, she saw, she steeked its ass!

I did my first steeks last night!!! How cool is that? I had no problem with making the cut but I did have a "What the hell did I just do?!" moment immediately after. I have much practice to do before I tackle a big project but I just got the pattern for Eunny Jang's Deep V Argyle Vest so that I can study it, practice and, pretty soon, be able to jump in and do it! I did hold off on ordering the yarn though as part of my goal to be financially responsible and to knit some of the projects that I already have yarn for before I get the yarn for a new project that I am not ready to start. I am planning on knitting it with Knitpicks Merino Style in Asparagus for the main color and vanilla as the contrast.

However, I am not totally denying myself the pleasure of purchasing knitterly wares. I found the coolest sock blockers at Scout's Swag and couldn't resist having them. They are en route and I will have them shortly. As a sneak preview, here they are:




Knitting and cocktails, a brilliant combination!


In other news, I have cast on for Rusted Root. Yippee!!!! I am going to work diligently on this top so that I can wear within the next couple of weeks. I have also started a group on Ravelry for people who are knitting Zephyr Style projects,


If you are on Ravelry and get a chance, stop by and check it out.

No comments: