J S I N S

Saturday, October 4, 2008

Score!

I stopped in at Joann Fabric today to check out the patterns and found a Butterick pattern that was exactly what I was looking for to make a purse for my mom. When I went to the register to purchase Butterick 5054 (for view E), I found out that the Butterick patterns were on sale for $1.99. Not one to pass up a good deal, I went back to peruse through the book more thoroughly and ended up with 4 more patterns!
I thought 5145 was fairly cute and could either be used for a casual coat or something a bit more dressy.
I loved view B of 5089 for a cute cropped jacket to wear in the fall. I think this would look nice with either jeans or a skirt.
I've been seeing a lot about wide legged pants this season so I grabbed 4861.
I've always been a fan of vests and liked each of these four patterns in 4815.
I am about to embark on a marathon knitting project. I have had the pattern book for the Great American Aran for a while and have not yet had the courage to start it. In some great news, my brother is getting married next spring and I am going to knit this afghan for his wedding present. I ordered Cascade 220 Superwash in cream that is supposed to arrive Monday and hope that I have the perseverence to finish the GAAA in time.

Happy knitting and sewing everyone! Soon, I should begin posting cabled square after cabled square to the blog.

No comments: