J S I N S

Monday, January 14, 2008

The first FO of 2008!!!!!

Allow me to introduce my first FO of 2008, the Dublin Bay socks by Ryan Morrissey of Mossy Cottage Knits. They are a bit loud but so am I so I won't hold that against them.
Project Details:
Pattern: Dublin Bay Socks by Ryan Morrissey of Mossy Cottage Knits
Yarn: 1 skein of Yarn Love's Joan of Arc in Flirt. (50% merino/ 50% tencel blend)
Start Date: December 22, 2007
Completion Date: January 13, 2008
Notes: Downsized the pattern from 72 stitches to 64 stitches, which was a wise decision as they fit perfectly. Otherwise followed pattern as written until heel turn and toe decreases, then relied upon Sensational Knitted Socks to get me through rather than do the math myself. (Yes, I am lazy.) I love the Eye of Partridge heel flap. It works perfectly with a multi-colored yarn such as this and I also like the uniform thickness it gives the heel flap in contrast to the slipped-stitch reinforced heel flap. Even though the yarn pooled alot, it still works due to the rainbow nature of the colors. The feel and stitch definition of the merino/tencel yarn is excellent and it has a lovely sheen to it. My kitchener stitch is the best it has been thusfar on the toes. There is still room for improvement but it is nice to see that it's getting better. I also have finally figured out how to knit socks that actually fits my feet on this, my third attempt at making socks for myself. These were knit 2 at a time via Magic Loop. Heel flaps through gussets knitted separately.

It feels nice to have my first FO of the year. I am now continuing on Wicked and have cast on to make a modified Evening Stockings for a Young Lady from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush using white Kraemer Silk Sterling from my stash.

Happy Monday Everyone!

1 comment:

Kristina B said...

Yay!! And a grand First of 2008 FO it is!