J S I N S

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sew Much Fun

If you are interested in sewing, I highly recommend that you check out Film in the Fridge. In addition to making beautiful and inspiring quilts, she offers a great tutorial on how to made reversible rick-rack napkins. I sewed these two sets for Christmas presents. They are a quick, fun project. I have the fabric picked out for three more gift sets and then will need to get cranking some of these babies out for myself. I really enjoyed picking out the coordinating fabrics and sewing these napkins. As someone who is fairly new to sewing, I learned alot about turning corners and could see my skills improve with each napkin.


Reversible Rick-Rack Napkins

Pattern: Film in the Fridge's Reversible Rick Rack Napkin Tutorial

Fabric: 100% cotton 1 yard each print from the quilting fabric section purchased at Joann Fabric

Notions: Medium Rick Rack (4 packages are needed to make 6 napkins) purchased at Joann Fabric

Notes: One yard of each coordinating print is enough to make 6 napkins measuring 13.5" x 13.5"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want some of these for my new dining room whenever I move to the 'burbs.... :) They are so awesome!!!