J S I N S

Friday, February 8, 2008

OMG! It's finally the weekend!

I am looking forward to a nice relaxing weekend of knitting and chilling out.

I cast on for the Heartbreakingly Cute Baby Kimono from Mason-Dixon Knitting last night. I am about an inch into it and think that this will be a quick fun knit. I am going to use some ducky buttons instead of ribbons for the closure. I am knitting this project for the February KAL in a KAL at Stashalong 2008.



My other weekend knitting plans include working on my Evening Stockings for a Young Lady. I have knit 3 more lace repeats and have probably 3 more to go before I start the heels on the Evening Stockings. think I am also going to frog the Puffed Sleeve Cardigan and recast on as I am not pleased with the existing cast on.

My Stashalong 2008 goals are as follows:

1. I will allow myself one free day a month. If I do not use my free day in the month, I will give myself 1 point. If I get 6 points, I can consider going to Stitches East. If I don't get at least 6 points, Stitches East is out.

2. I will not buy any sock yarn and only used stashed sock yarns for both this KAL and the Socks from Stash Club.

3. I will knit at least 5 sweaters from stash before I can purchase the yarn for a sweater that I do not have the yarn in my stash to knit.

Hopefully, my goals will help me stick with my debt free in 2008 plan as well.

Have a great weekend everyone!

No comments: