J S I N S

Monday, February 18, 2008

Presto Chango

I felt the need to spice things up a bit and banish the winter blahs this weekend. Unfortunately, I also momentarily lost the ability to take a good mirror shot (not that I am sure that I ever had the ability to take a good mirror shot but that is beside the point) so the photos are a bit blurry. I was feeling a bit bored with my natural hair color so I decided to opt for something a bit more dramatic. Here is the before pic:

On a jaunt to the store and some time spent perusing the hair color options, I selected Feria #45, French Roast "a deep bronzed brown." Although it's a bit fuzzy, here is a picture taken post-dye job. The color is actually a little bit redder than it looks in the photos. I will also be getting it cut on Wednesday as it has grown out of any bit of style it originally had. Then, the transformation will be complete.


In my switch things up a bit mood, I cast on for a new project, Violette by French Girl. This is a super quick and easy project. Knit with Rowan Big Wool, this project was cast on and cast off in 2 hours. I don't think that I am going to add the ribbon because it turned out a bit small. I am still mulling it over and will wear it a few times before I decide.




Although I do have one FO to show for the weekend, it is neither of the ones that I thought it would be. I was more in a bounce around to different projects mood this weekend than in the mood to concentrate on one project and finish it. I did do a few more lace rounds on my Evening Stockings but they pretty much look the same as the last picture I showed of them. I think I have 3 or 4 lace rounds to go before I start the toe. I should be able to finish them before the end of the month to make the deadlines for both the Socks from Stash Club and Sock a Month 5.

I resurrected 2 other UFOs this weekend to work on. I am now at the point of doing the increases for the puffed sleeves in the puffed sleeve feminine cardigan from Fitted Knits by Stephanie Japel. I still have quite a ways to go before separating the sleeves but it is nice to have a sweater progressing. There is nothing quite like donning your new sweater and wearing it out for the first time.



I also picked up the Not So Montego Bay Scarf and worked on it a bit this weekend. This is one project that will probably take me forever as I tend to get bored with knitting scarfs.


In other exciting news, I start my sewing class on Tuesday!!! I can't wait to be able to whip up a few sewing FOs.

I also did a few non-craft-related fun things this weekend as well. On Friday, I went to see a cabaret singer sing Edith Piaf songs, which was alot of fun. I love Edith Piaf's music. It's so passionate and soulful even though I don't speak French. I do have to say that I do not understand the French's love for mimes and clowns. There was a "dramatic fool" performing as well and I just couldn't see the entertainment in it. I guess to each their own. I also went to the movies to see Atonement. The movie was extremely well done and beautifully acted. I loved the period clothes and the cinematography. If you are looking for a melancholy love story, I highly recommend it.

Have a great Monday!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Your hair turned out great!! I listened to the Atonement audiobook and enjoyed it, but didn't see the movie. I guess I was afraid it wouldn't live up to the book, but it sounds like it does! Can't wait to hear about the sewing class!