J S I N S

Monday, February 4, 2008

Quick Update

Things have been fairly quiet in jsinsland lately. I've cast on for the puffed sleeve feminine cardigan from Stephanie Japel's Fitted Knits. I am only on the collar so I do not have a picture to show. I love the red from the version in the book so I am unoriginally knitting it in the exact same yarn in the exact same color. I've used the same yarn that a pattern called for before but I think this is the first time that I am also using the same color. (It's Knitpicks Merino Style in Maple Leaf.)

I have also knit 2 dishcloths as part of the Year Long Gift-A-Long. If I can keep focused on folding in gift knits with my standard selfish knitting, I may actually have a stress free Christmas this year.

In non-knitting but other crafting news, I have signed up to take a sewing class at the Community College of Allegheny County. I am really looking forward to taking this class. I have a sewing machine and have made curtains and pillows with it but I would like to become more proficient with sewing and tackle some more complicated projects.

Happy Monday!

1 comment:

Robin said...

Yay on the sewing class!! I think taking one at a community college was a good way to go.

I will sometimes knit the same color and same yarn on patterns too - hey, if they thought it was good enough for the photo, it should be good for me too, right? I can't wait to see your new Fitted Knit!